Foot In The Door Films Community Interest Company Signed their Armed Forces Covenant on the 26th Jan 2017 and was awarded the Armed Forces Covenant Employer Recognition Scheme Bronze Award on the 7th June 17
Steve Wotherspoon, Fiona Torrance, Major Roly Sutton RLC, Michelle Billington, SSGT Will Robertson & Iona Fazer
Steve Wotherspoon, Regional Employer Engagement Director for MoD The North West of England & The Isle of Man RFCA with Major Roly Sutton RLC and SSGT Will Robertson of 156 Regiment RLC UESO Army Reserve Centre, Mather Avenue in Liverpool presented Michelle Billington of Foot In The Door Films CIC with the Armed Forces Covenant Bronze Award 2017 on the 7th of June at Box Studios. Fiona Torrance, Internal Consultant for FITDFilmsCIC and Iona Fazer, Volunteer @FITDFilmsCIC from Liverpool Hope University were present for the recognition.
“We have pledged our commitment by signing the Armed Forces Covenant, and aim to give 50 plus veterans and family training and employment opportunities within the Film and TV Industry”
– Michelle Billington, Founder & Director
By signing the Covenant, Foot in the Door Films CIC will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
Foot In The Door Films CIC demonstrates this Commitment by recognising the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business; and we seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
- seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers;
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners;
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible;
- offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible;
- aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day;
- offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces Community;
- any additional commitments
Foot in the Door Films CIC could make (based on local circumstances).We will publicise these commitments through our literature and/or on our website, setting out how we will seek to honour them and inviting feedback from the Service community and our customers on how we are doing.